Adam Wainwright reflects:
"His mental strength set him apart. While there's no doubt he worked harder than any pitcher I've ever played beside, his mental tenacity stood out even more. In my opinion, he's one of the mentally toughest athletes in history, whatever the sport."
"One of the greatest compliments you can give a pitcher is that the bigger the game, the better he pitches. And I can't think of many pitchers who pitched better in big games than my friend and former rotation mate, Chris Carpenter."
With the Cardinals: 2003-2012 (Career summary)
W-L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO HB BAA 9 Seasons 95-44 3.07 198 197 21 10 0 1348 2/3 1221 501 460 109 296 1085 50 .242
- Inducted into the St. Louis Cardinals HOF - 2016
- First in franchise history with a winning percentage of .633 among pitchers with at least 1,000 innings.
- Topped all major league starters in winning percentage and ranked third in ERA during his 9 active seasons with the Cardinals
- First in franchise history with 10 postseason wins, including 4 in 2011.
- The only Cardinals pitcher in franchise history with four or more starts to have not lost in World Series. (3-0, 2.00 ERA)
- Became only the 2nd Cardinals pitcher to receive the Cy Young award. (2005)
- Had the 2nd longest consecutive winning streak of any Cardinals pitcher. (13 in 2005)
- Was first in league ERA (2.24), winning percentage (,810) and was the Cy Young runner-up in 2004.
- Twice honored with the Comeback Player of the Year in 2004 and 2009.
- Started the 2005 All-Star game.
- Drove in 6 runs on 10/1/2009 against the Reds with a Grand Slam and a two-run double.
- Signed with the Cardinals in December 2009 as a free agent.
- GameDay Magazine #4 2016
(This site is in no way affiliated or sponsored by the St. Louis Cardinals or Major League Baseball and is intended to be used for non-commercial, personal enjoyment. Although I attempt to be as correct/accurate as possible when giving information in these documents, I make no guarantees as to their accuracy. Questions/comments may be sent to the address below. Mark Mobley (1999-2017) all rights reserved. All photos and/or images may be copyrighted by their original owners.)
Do you have St. Louis Cardinal collectibles or memorabilia sitting around collecting dust? Why not send me an e-mail describing what you have? I might make you an offer!
I collect anything having to do with the Cardinals. My e-mail is listed below! Thanks!
Cardinal (or Baseball) Trips:
Great Ballpark Adventures!
Cardinal Caravans: 1990 1998 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012
(No pics: 1991 1992 1993 1994)
Winter Warm-ups: 2007 2010
Lou | Bob | Mark | Willie | Ozzie
1982 | 1985 | 1987 | 1996 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2009 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015
Home | Dolores' Family Tree | Gleanings from the Kinmundy Express | Mark's Family Tree | Other Useful Links | Other Genealogy Sites | Cardinal Tribute Site
Updated: 01/18/17 Comments? Cardsfan@ford-mobley.com